Montpelier Arts Center is holding a competition for exhibitions that will be held in the Library Gallery September 2018 - August 2019. To be eligible, artists must be 18 years & older and reside in Maryland. Previous winners from 2012 to the present are ineligible. The juror may elect to exhibit artists who apply for solo shows or artists who apply as groups.
An honorarium of $300 will be presented for each exhibition to the artist(s) exhibiting (i.e. groups would share the $300 honorarium.) The Montpelier Arts Center staff will handle all promotion and installation, as well as the reception. Please note, the Arts Center retains a 25% commission on sales of works sold during the competition.
There is no entry fee for this competition.
- All entries must be submitted online at https://montpelierartscenter.submittable.com/ by Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 11:59 pm.
- Artist/Artist Group statement
- Current résumé of all artists to exhibit
- A proposal of no more than 500 words (click here to see a floor plan of the Library Gallery)
- Preferred month for your show, and include second and third choices.
- A minimum of 10 and a maximum of 15 digital images that best exemplify your portfolio/proposal. Images must be in JPEG format at a minimum 300 dpi
Saturday, March 31, 2018, 11:59 pm
For more information, please call 301-377-7800; TTY 301-490-2329 or send an email to email@example.com.
Montpelier Arts Center is a facility of The Maryland-National Park and Planning Commission, Department of Parks & Recreation, Prince George’s County, Arts and Cultural Heritage Division. The Maryland-National Park and Planning Commission is supported by a grant from the Maryland State Arts Council, an agency dedicated to cultivating a vibrant cultural community where the arts thrive. The Department of Parks and Recreation encourages and supports the participation of individuals with disabilities. Register at least a minimum of two weeks in advance of the program start date to request and receive a disability accommodation.